Monday, March 5, 2007

LEAVING RUSSIA AND BRAIDEN


Well our visits are over the paperwork is signed, and in 12 hours we will be on a plane back to the USA without our son. It has been a very hard night for us all. I do not think anything could have prepared us for this amount of heartache. We know it is a good heartache, because it is one more step closer to the final adoption process. We have a big smile on our faces but a hollow feeling in our heart. It is hard to leave our new son behind, we will pray hard that our return will be quick. The agency has assured us that they will do everything in the power to speed up the process. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers while we were here, they were all felt. Please pray for Braiden, and us as we will now be separated until we get the court date. It will be hard, but we know that he is well cared for. We will see you all soon...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home. Our prayers are continued and passed on. There is a great book I read to the kids called Pocket full of Kisses.I will share it with you when you get home. It's about a little racoon and his mother. She gives him a kissing hand that never runs out because when someone loves you, their kisses are like the sun's rays, always there and always shining. Anyway its a great story. Let me just say how precious you guys are together. He is a true angel so fresh from heaven there is still angel dust on him! He is a true blessing. Every good and perfect gift is from above. Coming down from the father of the heavenly lights-Jeremiah 29:11
Be safe and can't wait to see you
Tess

Anonymous said...

I love you guys and will be praying that God will give you the grace not only to get on that plane and head back to your CA home (as I know that the other part of your home is still in Russia) but that God will give you His grace to make it through the next several weeks to come. God's grace is sufficient as you have already learned through this long process. EVERYONE here is praying that God would move this process along for you quicker than what they are telling you!

All our love,
Bret, Stephanie and Haleigh

Anonymous said...

Hi Anders! We will be praying for safe travel & for comfort as you leave your precious new son behind. It's only for a short while...When the days are feeling too long you'll have all these pictures to stare at, video to hear him and the memories you made to reflect on while you wait to go back and bring him home! God brought the 3 of you together, so keep trusting in him and he will carry you through. I know it's sometimes easier said than done. Hang in there. I'm sure your family here are just elated your almost home with all that video and stories to share. That'll keep you busy for a while!:) Thanks for sharing your journey that lead you to Braiden! It's been really touching, like the book title, it's like "chicken soup for the soul" to see God working in you and blessing you with Braiden! He's amazing! We'll keep checking back for updates. Oh, if you want a clock counter to count down the days (hours & minutes too)til you go back and bring him home...they are free at WishAFriend.com. Just in case you wanted one. Lots of love to all 4 of you now!:)
-Olivia & family

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home!! You guys have a beautiful family and we cannot wait to hear that you are all together. These weeks will be tough but its one step closer to having your baby boy at home.

He is so adorable and i just love how he sits in that crouching position.

Thoughts and prayers

Erica, Steve and Nathan

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh,Val and Karen!! I just got your Blog today. I feel like I went with you to Russia!! Ohhhhh my goooodnesssss - Braiden is soooooo beautiful!! I am so glad that everything went so well. I can only imagine how all of you must feel... emotionally and physically. Braiden is such a lucky little man and the sunshine that you have "already" brought into his life is incredible. You have such a beautiful family. Wishing you all a safe trip home and please let me know what is happening with your little angel!! My love to you!!
Karrine

Anonymous said...

Josh and Valerie,
We have been sitting back and enjoying all of the pictures and
the daily activities with Roman.
The fridge is full of pictures.
Roman is going to fit in with this family perfectly.
On behalf of my family, we are looking forward to the day we
Can actually meet this little man and give him a hug.

Uncle James, Kimberly, Courtney and Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found out where to go online for those clocks...so when you go back to Russia to bring that special little guy home forever...we can keep up with what time it is over there. You go to Worldtimeserver.com, and you get it for free. Ok, love you guys!
-Liv

Anonymous said...

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:18 (NAS)

So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
John 16:22

Anonymous said...

Josh-Valerie, We can't wait to hold Braiden and spoil him rotten. He will make OUR family complete for now. I know that we are going to love him as our own. No doubt he will fit in the Anders-Tennis family perfectly. God knew that there was an awesome little boy who needed great parents and grandparents like us. Can't wait to see you guys. Love DAD and MOM Tennis

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that this process couldn't be quicker for you guys, but you are SO close to it being over and having your little boy at home in your arms. I am encouraged by your strength and can't wait to see you again.
We love you! Travel safely.

Love, Karyn and Rich

Amy said...

I know you don't know me, but my husband, Ben, works with your mom. When he showed me your blog, I couldn't help but tear up. Your son is beautiful and we will continue to pray for everything to go smoothly. You are an inspiration to me and many others I am sure. God bless you guys! - Ben, Amy & Fam

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, this is Bill and Pat Brown.
How great it was to read through and catch up on all the news. It was even better to see the pictures and the connection we could both see with Braiden and you all.
Josh, we both were so touched to see Daddy with his son on his lap or holding him. We couldn't help but remember when you were that little and sat on your dads lap or saw you in his arms.
Valerie, you look like a natural and we pray the Lord will bless you as you wait to go and get him to bring him home. It will be worth the wait and the trust we know you have in the Lord.
Thank you for sharing this amazing journey as God leads and guides you.
What a rich blessing and illustration of our own adoption into the family of God. He chose us, he enriched us, and he did so because he loved us before we loved him.
We pray the Lord's blessings on you all.
Mr. and Mrs. B

p.s. Karen Ann, you look pretty happy there holding your grandson. What a beautiful picture.

Kevin, LV, Jake & Trev said...

I missed a couple days so looked back and caught up on the pictures and adventure. All the pics are priceless...what a perfect family God brought together. We will pray for you especially having to leave your son...that the time will go quickly till you are reunited to have him and hold him forever. God does work miracles and he sure brought you a miracle...Braiden Roman Anders. Thanks for sharing your journey...what a testimony and blessing it is to see how God has brought a family together.
Love, LaVonna