Saturday, January 5, 2008

WHAT A CRAZY WEEKEND!

It really all started Friday morning! Harley, our dog, is usually barking at me when I leave for work, however this was not the case. So I looked outside thinking he was just taking a potty break, only I found the gate wide open and no Harley to be found!

So I frantically started walking down our street, with the 100 mph winds and rain, calling his name. Josh, Braiden and I spent the next hour looking for him by foot and car, with no luck. I went to work with my heart so heavy not knowing what happened to him, thinking he was out there soaking wet and scared, and Josh took the day off to keep the look out for him. I of course tried calling Animal Control and their power was out, so I was just out of ideas until the storm stopped :(

Well Josh called me at work at around 10:00 a.m. letting me know that our neighbor saw him at 6:00 a.m. on her way to work and put him in her garage. Thank God Harley was found. I would have been totally heartbroken if we would have lost him. Harley is of course our family dog, but he was my baby to hug and cheer me up during our struggle to have a child. We are glad to have you home Harley!

So last but not least, we lost our power, however, not until 6:00 a.m. this morning. It finally came back on about 6:00 p.m. tonight. Not too bad. Here are some our pictures of our day.





4 comments:

Proudfoot Family said...

I'm glad to hear Harley's safe and sound. It looks like your fence didn't fair so well. It's been a wild weekend all over. Talk to you soon.

Leah said...

Wow you got it bad in your backyard. We only had one piece of fence come down in our backyard. I am glad someone was kind enough to take harley in. Talk to you later.
Leah

Kelsey said...

Aww, your poor backyard. Glad your dog is back safe.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you got Harley back. What wonderful neighbors! Our side fence-facing the street, is 75% gone. I laughed when i looked and saw the gate was still up though. ha! Take care! Love you guys.
-Olivia