Friday, April 13, 2007

I AM SURE YOU HAVE YOU HEARD ...

I am sure many of you have heard all the news about adoptions stopping in Russia. We all knew this was coming, because our agency, Alliance for Children, was one of the last two agencies accredited in the US. However, we have been told by our agency that this should not affect us as we already have a referral and an attachment, as they call it. They also said that St. Petersburg is good region to be working with right now.

So we just have to take a deep breath, continue to pray that we will get a court date soon, and trust in HIM, because He is the one ultimately in control!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers for a speedy court date! Can't wait to hear you are going back to bring Braiden home!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.
-2 Corinthians 5:7

Love, Sarah, Glenn & Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!!!
We pray for you guys often that you will get to go back and get our little Braiden. You guys are so great with Max that I know you will be WONDERFUL parents to your Braiden Roman. We will continue to pray that you get your court date soon so that Max has a little cousin to play with soon. :)

All our love,
Bret, Stephanie and Little Max

Anonymous said...

Hi again. I just dont know how you can stand being here with him over there. I stayed my entire time with Grace in Kaz cause I just knew I would not be able to leave her there. Obviously your circumstances are different, which is understandable..I just hope you are able to not go crazy!!! He is YOUR son....woo hoooooooo. How fun. Hey...did you know I used to babysit Josh and his sister? I may have even changed his diaper. Gosh..I feel so old. hahahhahahha
Love, Tam

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie!

I just wanted to say hey and make a quick comment.

You are able to stand it and keep going each day (even though you have heard little) while here in the states knowing that God is in control! You know that he has his precious precious child held in the palm of his hands, with angels that surround your son and that he is being taken care of with the utmost care. You stand it because your faith is strong and in that you find comfort in being reassured that one day he will be home. You stand it because of all many many friends and family that are praying "daily" for his homecoming and in that you find peace.

I believe that is why you have not "gone crazy". God is so awesome, that he provides the love, peace, comfort, and encouragement to continue on this journey with the end result of you guys being a family which brings so much excitement! Yay!!

Dionne

Anonymous said...

We love you both so much and are so proud of you for holding tight to your faith during this time. You are not along - - we are here for you always.

Love, Rich and Karyn