Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MAYBE THIS IS WHY WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME POTTY TRAINING!

ANY TIPS?

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

This one just cracks me up! Sorry you will be my suggestion person when I have to potty train Max. Let me say I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Melissa said...

That's funny! I've never potty trained a boy and let's just say that I'm not looking forward to it.
I just finally decided to go cold turkey with McKenna and it worked.
I was thinking she might be the only child in kindergarten that was in diapers, but thank goodness that's not the case. Braiden will catch on soon. They always do:)

JustEnoughStuff said...

Just 1 tip... The underwear goes on the bottom half of the child! Sorry, I just couldn't resist commenting on the picture. It's very cute. I wish I had some advice for you but my son is younger than yours and I will be asking you what worked for Braiden at that time. I hope it all works out soon.

livnroyce said...

Hey girl. I'm working on Noah right now. he's funny too. Christian was easy we just went to the potty often, as soon as he woke up, ate or drank, etc. then I rewarded him with an M & M if he made it to the potty. Also, I would put a few fruit loops in the toilet and tell him to aim for them! He LOVED that, he thought it was so funny. Then lots of praise when they do it! Good luck! :) I'll let you know how Noah does, he's a little tougher. He does good one day and then the next he could care less. So i'm moving on to the fruit loops, gotta get some. Love ya.

Mary said...

Hello!
We just started introducing Tyson to the potty and we give him half of a mini York peppermint because it tastes so different from other things. We also take him potty right when he wakes up from a nap.
This may not help you since Tyson is a lot younger and doesn't know the feeling of having to go potty, but I know that other people have used Andes mints, just something that is really special and different than usual candy.

Mary

The Abbe Family Journey said...

I don't really have any tips but I must say I love the pic!!

livnroyce said...

One more potty training advice that myself and all my co-workers from the preschool I worked at...dont' use pull ups, except maybe at night time. They don't get that soggy wet feeling as well. I use the training (thick white) underwear, then cover it with his favorite character underwear, like Thomas the Train. To keep it fun for him. The first day he went through every single pair of underwear...but that's ok, don't get frustrated. They feel that wet feeling so much more and DON'T like it. So it helps get their brain caught up to thinking "oh, it's starting....let's go to the potty mom!" It really does make a difference using the underwear. I used pull ups at one point with Christian and he back tracked. So I stuck with the underwear and he stayed on track. He was potty trained in like a couple days. the #2's took a couple more. Then once they got it down, they have to pee like every 5 minutes. I am NOT kidding. Every store we went into..."Mom, I have to go pee". I'm like we just took you before we left the last store! ha! :) Anyway, good luck. Just plan on at least staying home for the first 2 days so you can get him to the potty often and consistantly. That's pretty much key and making a big deal about how awesome he did when he goes. Love ya. Sorry for writing a book!!

Sarah said...

I used bribery! :)
I bought a huge lot of cheap hot wheel type cars. He got to pick one hot wheel every time he went! It worked for Daniel! By the time the hot wheels were all gone, he was fully trained!
Sarah
p.s. LOVE the picture!

Anonymous said...

You have to be really ready and want to do this fully... so here it goes. If you want him to stop wearing diapers and don't put them back on EVER...No pull ups either.
let him pick out undies each day to wear. First thing wake up take to potty, no drink before bed, wake up in middle of night to potty, set a timer to ask him to potty during day every 45 mins to hour and get water proof bedding and lots of clothes and be prepared to wash it often for the first week. Accidents are just that treat him respecfully during accident.And don't forget BRibe him with kisses real and choc. ONLY when he does it ALL (flushing counts)
No parties though... who cheers you on when you tinkle???
I potty trained 3 boys less then a week each....
YOu can do it
Just takes you being very commeted for one week