Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OUR HOPEFUL SON TO BE


It has been a long journey for us to get to this final point, where we are staring at a picture of hopefully our future son. His name currently is Pushkarev Roman. He was born on March 12, 2005 in St. Petersburg, Russia. He is almost 2 years old. From what we have been told he is in good health, he runs, plays, dances, and is speaking in simple words. He also likes attention. He has blonde hair and blue/gray eyes, so he is a very close match with Valerie. We were just informed yesterday that all of the paperwork is completed, and we will be traveling to St. Petersburg, Russia to meet him for the first time on March 1st. We are very excited to finally get to go and meet him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for the two of you. Our love and prayers go with you as you go to meet your son. He will soon know what a special boy he is to be blessed with a mom and dad like you. We welcome him into our family with open arms. We can't wait to smother him with love and kisses.

Grandpa & Grandma Tennis

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh and Val!
Bret,(Haleigh :) and I are so excited for you both! We just can't WAIT to meet our nephew/cousin. I know that this has been a long and hard process for you both but our God is a BIG God and knows exactly the ways he has for you. This little man is so blessed to have both as parents. And I know you will both make GREAT parents. I am so grateful that Haleigh will have a great aunt and uncle that will be around her while she grows up and a cousin that she can grow up with as well. I can't wait to give him all sorts of hugs and kisses when he gets home and buy him all sorts of goodies! Valerie I am also so thankful that we will probably be home at the same time so that we can hang out together and talk about what new things we are each experaincing as new mommies. We are always here for you guys and can't wait to see the updates that you send to us as you are all in Russia. We will pray for you while you are over in Russia that you will get to spend as much time as you want with "Braiden" and that Mom will get to meet him as well and that the staff there will be a blessing!

Again we love you guys so much and are sooooooo excited for you!

Love,
Uncle Bret,Aunt Stephie, and Cousin Haliegh

Anonymous said...

Mom said that you guys had asked how I was spelling Haleigh's name and then I realized that i spelt it wrong on your blog! :) it is Haleigh as mom said not Haliegh as i spelt it!
love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Josh and Val,
We can't express how excited we truly are for the both of you. We have prayed for you and it is exciting to see how God is working in your lives and the life of a very special little boy in Russia.
We will continue to pray for you and can't wait to meet our nephew and Olivia's cousin.
Our thoughts are with you as you travel to Russia. We love you very much.

Love
Matthew,Sheila,and Olivia

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh and Val! Yeah! I'm so excited for you both. Your little boy is so cute! What a handsome little pumpkin. Our entire family will keep you all in our prayers for safe travel and for everything to go smoothly. What an awesome thing you 2 are doing. Not only do you get the child you have prayed and longed for...but now this little boy will get a mommy and daddy he too has longed for. This will be an amazing experience for you all and many blessings I'm sure are to follow. I'm just really thrilled for you and your entire family. This is so exciting! I will be checking your blog often. Hope that's Ok. We send all our love, hugs and kisses!!
-Olivia and family

Anonymous said...

It has been a privalage to journey with te two of you for the past six months. It is awesome to see you both grow and the exitement build in the lives of both of you. I know that God has great plans for the two (soon to be three) of you. Meredithg and I are very lucky to have you guys as friends. We tease you both, but we truly are better people for having you in our lives. (VDS and all!!!lol) God bless you and our prayers are always with you.

Pastor Brant and Meredith Adin Smith

Anonymous said...

Dear Valerie and Josh,
We are praying that your journey to Russia brings the three of you together as a family. We are so excited to welcome him home and into the family. Have a fun and safe trip, our thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout the week.

Love, Aunt Michelle and Uncle Mat

Anonymous said...

We are constantly thinking of you and praying for you. We hope everything goes well on your trip.

You are in our thoughts,

Matthew,Sheila,and Olivia