Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MASON IS 8 1/2 MONTHS OLD...

I was going to do this post at 8 months, but we have been busy, so here it is a few weeks late...time is just flying by...




So let's see what is new...Mason loves to stand up and have even started walking behind a walker. He is a quick crawer now, so you have to keep your on him at all times or he may just have found a shoe laying around and stick it is his mouth before you catch him. YUCK!

He likes to say dadada and nanana and I have been working with him on the mamama of course :) He might not be able to say mama yet, but his is a mama's boy for sure.

He still loves to suck his thumb, but the deal is, when the top teeth come in, the thumb sucking has got to go. I am sure easier said than done. His two bottom teeth are halfway up now and I pretty sure the top four will be next. I am already looking forward to that day...four teeth breaking through at the same time.

He is now likes to pull all my magazines off the side table and I am confident that if he knew what was in the kitchen cupboards, that would be all over the floor too.

We have started on finger foods this month. He has now tried chicken, mashed potatoes, beans, cottage cheese, crackers and even a french fry or two. He is doing pretty well with all the baby foods, but have noticed that he is starting to pick the fruits over the vegetables now and does not care much for pureed meat...don't really blame, have you tasted that stuff? He loves fresh fruit, especially bananas. Oh, and when he is done with his bottle, watch out, because he will just throw it. Kinda funny. He is getting used to his a cup, but prefers to drink without the lid. Whatever works, right?

Well that is all I can think of for now, most of this is for me you know, so I can keep track of it all. I still need to get a baby book of some sort, but the traditional ones don't really work for our situation.

We of course love this little boy with all of our hearts and are counting down the days that we can move forward toward adoption and forever make him a part of our family, but all you have to do is ask Braiden and he will tell you, "that is my brother Mason."

3 comments:

Marj said...

It looks like Mason got a haircut...how did he do? What a cutie!

Stephanie said...

Love you Macers! You get cuter EVERY day!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

OMG! He is so handsome! So glad I was able to snuggle and play with him the other night. He's such a doll! Enjoy!