ABLE TO GET MY CAMERA OUT TO CAPTURE THE PURE CRAZINESS... SO I THOUGHT I WOULD LOOK AT WHAT WE WERE DOING THIS TIME LAST YEAR... HERE ARE A FEW OF MY POSTS...
April 8, 2007
Our Father's Son, He freely gave
April 10, 2007
WE HAVE BEEN HOME 5 WEEKS TODAY AND HAVE BEEN TOLD BY OUR AGENCY THAT THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON A COURT DATE. WE ARE STILL HOPEFULL THAT WE WILL BE GOING BACK WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET OUR BOY!!!
April 13, 2007
I am sure many of you have heard all the news about adoptions stopping in Russia. We all knew this was coming, because our agency, Alliance for Children, was one of the last two agencies accredited in the US. However, we have been told by our agency that this should not affect us as we already have a referral and an attachment, as they call it. They also said that St. Petersburg is good region to be working with right now.
So we just have to take a deep breath, continue to pray that we will get a court date soon, and trust in HIM, because He is the one ultimately in control!!!
April 15, 2007
They're only little once.
For I know that they can never turn back and walk those paths with me again.
Give me the wisdom to guide their feetso that someday they'll be able to walk alone.
They're only little once.
Give me the time I need to enjoy them.
For I know that after they're grown, I'll never have another chance
to watch them in a school play or sing in church, or to see them catch that first fish or score that first goal or hit that first home run ball.
Give me the time in life's busy schedule to have fun with my children.
They're only little once.
Let me be a loving parent.
Let me correct and not just punish, explain and not merely scold.
Let me know when to correct, and how often, and when it's best to just look the other way.
Help me be patient and give me a gentle hand to mould them into better people.
They're only little once.
Let me be a good teacher and an even better example.
Give me the right words and deeds to teach them.
Help me to teach them about You and how to walk in Your ways
so that when they are old they will not depart from Your ways.
For they're only little one time,
only innocent and trusting and pliable for a space of time, one minute in an eternity.
Let me do my best for them while I have the chance.
Amen ~~ Author Unknown ~~
April 17, 2007
WELL WE HAVE BEEN HOME 6 LONG WEEKS NOW. WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR A COURT DATE FROM THE JUDGE. HOWEVER WE CONTINUE TO RELY ON GOD FOR HIS PERFECT TIMING.
Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. Psalms 26:2
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12
April 18, 2007
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalms 37:5.
I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess. -Martin Luther-
We continue trust that God in control and place everything in His hands.
Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried:
Quietly, patiently, lovingly God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child you must wait."
"Wait? You said, wait!" my indigent reply."
Lord, I need answers, I need to know why!
Is your hand shortened? Or have you not heard?
By Faith, I have asked, and am claming your word.
My future and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and YOU tell me to WAIT?
I'm needing a 'yes,' or a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no' to which I can resign.
And Lord, you promised that if we believe
We need but ask, and we shall receive.
And Lord, I've been asking, and this is my cry:
I'm weary of asking! I need a reply!
"Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate
As my Master replied once again, "you must wait."
So, I slumped in my chair, defeated and taut
And grumbled to God, "So, I'm waiting… for what?"
He seemed, then to kneel, and His eyes wept with mine,
And He tenderly said, "I could give you a sign.
I could shake the heavens, and darken the sun.
I could raise the dead, and cause mountains to run.
All you seek, I could give, and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want-But you wouldn't have Me.
You'd not know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to the faint;
You'd not learn to see through the clouds of despair;
You'd not learn to trust just by knowing I'm there;
You'd not know the joy of resting in Me
When the darkness and silence were all you could see.
You'd never experience that fullness of love
As the peace of My Spirit descends like a dove;
You'd know that I give and I save…(for a start),But you'd no know the depth of the beat of my heart.
The glow of My comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you have asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have LAST.
You'd never know, should your pain quickly flee,
What it means that 'My grace is sufficient for Thee.'
Yes, your dreams overnight would come true,
But, Oh, the Loss! If I lost what I'm doing in you!
So, be silent, my child, and in time you will see
That the greatest of gifts is to get to know Me.
And though oft' may My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer is still, "WAIT."
~ Unknown
April 24, 2007
We have been home 7 weeks today and we wish we had better news to share with everyone. We are still waiting for more information from our agency regarding a court date. Hopefully we will know more within the next couple of days.
Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall stregthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalms 27:14.
When we don't know what to do - WAIT! God never panics and is never under pressure. - Roy Lessin.
April 26, 2007
So everyone we are leaving May 2nd to be in St. Petersburg for our court date on May 7th. We are now in complete shock, panic and in total amazement how things can change in just a matter of moments. My Mom is going with us and we are hoping all goes well and we will be heading to the US by the 16th of May. This is great news because we wanted my Mom to be able to go and all be back for Vanessa's wedding on the 2nd of June.
1 comment:
Wow he has changed so much! I love this guy so much!
Post a Comment